Sunday, January 16

Season of Labor

January 14th a friend from John Brown University gave birth to a healthy baby boy and everything about him is perfect. I loved seeing all of the new pictures posted on Facebook. I'm so thankful for LIFE!!

This evening I received an email from a church friend/neighbor informing us that she's starting her labor and it could be midnight tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm thankful I'm asked to pray for her labor and delivery. It is such a wonderful privilege to be ask to pray and anticipate with those who are bringing new life into the world. I'm so thankful for my friend and the way the Lord weaved us all together. I am along with many others are waiting for every Facebook update or email so we can know what she's having! Yes, she really went through the entire nine months without knowing her baby's gender. They're leaving it as a complete surprise. I want that for myself but I'm not sure if I can take not knowing.

There are several friends on Facebook that are expecting too. One just completed her first 20 weeks! Wow, I'm so amazed at us all and how we all grow in different season. What a blessing to watch all of this unfold.

Father, thank You for new life! Thank You for blessing each and everyone of these women who had brought life, carrying life in their womb, and laboring. I ask that You would encounter each of them right where they are. One might be nursing, one might be trying to get some sleep before the next sleepless wave hit, one might be experiencing birth pangs right now. Would You put Your hands over them and give them peace, Father. The peace that goes beyond understanding and only comes from You. Let them feel Your infinite love, Jesus, as they are embracing the task You've given them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment