Saturday, January 15

T'is the season for sneezing

I'm so thankful our family hadn't had any major sickness the past year. The Lord has been protecting us from harm. He is so good to His children. I came home from work on Tuesday and everything was fine until late that evening I started to feel crummy. Then Wednesday morning was a full blown of sneezing, achiness, coughing, headache, dehydration, sore throat and ear ache. I thought if I could give myself sometime to rest on Wednesday, which thankfully was my day off, so I slept for a long time and felt a little better.

I had promised Allison I was taking her to her first gymnastic lesson/sign up. I felt really bad then but I felt even worse if I couldn't keep my promise so I mustered up all my strength to pick her up at our Mema's house (her great-grandma) and got her there early to sign her up. Changed her out of her thick clothes to gym clothes. My little baby is no longer a baby that day as she sat down among her class mates and listened attentively to their teacher. I sat on the chairs and couldn't help myself to keep switching to different seats so I can see her better. Finally I got up on the second level to observe. She was so precious to me! I love my baby so much! She did the best she could since it was her first lesson but she enjoyed it thoroughly. At the end she got a stamped star on her hand and refused to let me hold that hand because she was afraid it was going to be ruined.

We got home, I made dinner for us and ate together. Then I gave her a bath because she skipped nap that afternoon. She was worried about her star on hand getting wet because she wanted Daddy to see it. So I asked her wait as I ran to grab the camera. When I got back she had already poured water on her hand and the star was vanishing before our eyes. Oops! I reassured her that she'll get another star next time she goes. She was happy about that. After a nice bath I got her ready for the evening. We read a story, snuggled for a while and then she settled in.

I began to feel worsen that evening that I emailed in to work letting everyone know I was sick with a cold and needed their prayers. I was so sick on Thursday and thankful that Danner was home all day to take care of me and Allison. He's such a good husband and Daddy. My condition worsen Thursday night. I couldn't sleep because of the coughing, nasal and throat burn everytime I swallow. Kept drinking ice-water and having to get up to use the bathroom.

Friday morning I gave in and asked if we could schedule an appointment to see the doctor so Danner set that up for me. Because he had to leave for work at 3pm I had to drive myself to the doctor's office while he dropped Allison off at the in-laws for the weekend. There at the doctors office they diagnosed me with a sinus infection with fluid behind my ear that caused my balance to be all over the place. Then Danner came to join me in the doctor's office before he had to leave for work. I asked the doctor if it's not the flu, and he wasn't sure as I was still running a fever. So he thought we should take a test anyway. Turned out I was right. I had the flu! To top that off I had the sinus infection too.

I came home without filling the prescription because I was so exhausted. Last night I slept really well without waking up to drink water and my nasal passage and throat didn't bother me as much and coughing wasn't as frequent. This morning I woke up and started coughing up stuff. This means everything is draining from my sinus. My achiness is gone and I'm feeling a lot better. Probably 60% better. Just want the rest of me to full recovered. Since I didn't fill my prescription and my body is recovering that means my body is beating the virus and infection on its own. I love it when our body just mend itself. Of course, I'm sure with many prayer warriors I have around me, no wonder I'm feeling better!

I'm thankful for Jesus today! For my husband who is so patience with me and takes good care of me and Allison. For my in-laws who took care of Allison while I'm under the weather and preventing her from catching the crud too. Now I'm going back to resting before Danner and Allison come home. I miss spending time with favorite two people! I've been pushing them away, especially Allison because I didn't want her to catch it too. I feel bad but I know it's better for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment