Tuesday, July 6

Not Perfect

All my life growing up I was known to be the cleanest child and the one who organized everything around the house and actually was the only one who kept the house in order until I left home. So, I have this thing about me that I hate messy, dirty things. I just cannot stand it and I guess it's safe to say that I'm chalked up to be Obssesive Composive. For example: I loved watermelons but can't stand that the juice running all through my hands and such, which brought me to my fear of having children! Because I cannot have children who are filthy with sticky fingers from popsicles, juice and such. That was my plan at least until the Lord opened my eyes. Until now all I have done with Allison only the things that I know is messy proofed and I am extra careful now with her and markers as she got a hold of a giant permanent marker and wen to town on my face and all over her toys.

I'm so scared of letting go and letting my child makes a mess in the kitchen because it really stresses me out when I have to clean it up. Part of it is because I'm not a full time stay at home so I have work and responsibilities when I get home from work that I didn't need the extra chores to do. I know I sound like a control freak, but this why I'm blogging again: to let go of things I cannot control, have so fun with my daughter and at the same time making memories. I'm making a list of things I want to do with her this summer. (Allison does have a good life and has plenty of childhood memories and gets to do what a lot of toddlers get to do, so it's not like I really deprived her. I just haven't let her do the things I'm scared of, that's all.)

Things I will do with my daughter this summer:

1. make mud pies
2. dance in the rain (only when it's safe)
3. finger paint a bunch of projects
4. bake cookies (the entire process)
5. catch lightning bugs
6. wade in the creek
7. eat a ton of watermelon (and who cares if the juice gets everywhere!!)
8. dig for seashells
9. build real sand castles on the beach
10. take pictures with every Disney Princesses we can find!
11. (gonna think some more)

No comments:

Post a Comment